This DIY pennant banner is a perfect way to decorate any little ones room for the summer. Now that the kids have started in-person school twice a week, I’ve been getting into the rhythm of things over here and decorating their room for the summer is on my to-do list.
Keeping the cost down by DIY-ing is always part of the fun for me, you too? Then you are in the right place. They change their mind too much and to be honest… I do too! The best part is that the pennant banner is simple to make and it takes less than 10 minutes to finish. Keep scrolling for the material list & how-to.
- Summer pennant PDF file (download below)
- 6 inch wood dowel (find a pack of 12 at Dollar Tree)
- Hot glue gun
- Chiffon Ribbon (you can also use string or jute twine)
- Choose the color you want and print the pennant on card stock and cut out.
- Score or fold the line at the top of the pennant.
- Decide how long you want the ribbon (I did about 14 inch in length) and cut.
- Tie the ribbon on to ends of the dowel.
- Hot glue the dowel onto the back of the pennant.
- Hang and enjoy, friends!
That’s it. Easy peasy, right? Maybe something a little one can help cut too! Let me know what you think and what other prints you would like to see on here.